To fulfill our mission of empowering, educating and inspiring all people through the life-changing benefits of Pilates, we rely on a diverse group of dedicated, motivated people.
To maintain a mutually beneficial relationship that fosters personal and professional growth for all staff, Longevity is committed to:
- Fostering a safe, inclusive, anti-racist and anti-discriminatory work environment
- Providing competitive compensation and incentives
- Maintaining clear, direct and open communication
- Providing opportunities mentoring and career progression
- Responding with fairness and compassion to staff ideas, suggestions and concerns
- Being flexible with scheduling and time off requests
- Keeping staff informed of objectives and progress at Longevity
- Providing unlimited access to Pilates classes
- Providing leadership and creative programming opportunities for staff
Work at Longevity
Full- and part-time instructors teach private and duet sessions, small group reformer classes and virtual mat classes.
We are always on the lookout for talented new team members so that we can continue building a strong studio community and reputation that goes beyond St Paul. We would love to meet you if:
- You are enthusiastic about Pilates practice and sharing its holistic health benefits with the world around you.
- You love engaging with your community! Whether welcoming a new client to Longevity or sharing your local coffee shop recommendation with someone after class, you ENJOY connecting with all people, LOVE a good conversation and take PRIDE in representing your team.
- You are a natural leader, confident decision maker and responsible team player who understands emergencies happen and can “take one for the team” on occasion.
- You celebrate personal growth and professional development. You are committed to achieving individual and collective goals, value mentoring opportunities and support the career progression of your teammates.
Instructors have the opportunity to teach a combination of in-person and virtual classes, private sessions and special events, plus create online video workouts for our Longevity On-Demand Virtual Library. We pride ourselves on being innovative and encourage staff to spearhead other exciting opportunities such as pop ups, specialty classes, workshops, fundraising events and collaborations with local businesses.
For more information, contact Sara King at firstname.lastname@example.org
Longevity Pilates is currently hiring part-time Pilates instructors.
Title: Pilates Instructor
Reports to: Sara King, Owner, Longevity Pilates
The role of an instructor is to be a studio ambassador, delivering the highest standard of service and technical instruction to Longevity clients. In line with Longevity’s mission – to empower, educate, and inspire all people through the life changing benefits of Pilates – an instructor is expected to promote positive client relationships, cultivate a welcoming studio environment, enhance the energy of the Longevity Pilates team, and strengthen Longevity’s reputation in Saint Paul and beyond.
- Deliver Pilates instruction to an exceptional standard
- Teach in-person and virtual Pilates classes in a safe, healthy, professional environment, with world class client service standards at the core
- Help build an inclusive, celebratory and empowering community culture
- Proactively seek professional development opportunities
- Implement feedback from mentoring and performance reviews
- Maintain clear and open communication with a respectful, cooperative demeanor
- Represent Longevity Pilates in person and promote on social media channels in line with Longevity’s mission and branding
- Confident and competent, a supportive team player and logical problem-solver
- Punctual and reliable
- An exceptional communicator, demonstrating timely responses to written communication
- An engaging public speaker
- A lifelong learner, passionate about personal growth and professional development
- Able to receive constructive input and implement it efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize potential areas of improvement and proactively communicate with management
- Trustworthy and able to maintain both client and company confidentiality
- 450-hour comprehensive Pilates education, including Mat, Reformer, Chair, Springboard, Cadillac and Barrels, or willingness to obtain
- In-depth understanding of the safety features and functions of each piece of Pilates equipment. Experience with Balanced Body equipment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide exercise modifications and progressions
- Current CPR certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Experience teaching 5 or more clients in an apparatus-based class, and private sessions
- Ability to be a proactive and supportive team member, with the confidence to also work autonomously
- Team-oriented mindset; strong conflict resolution skills
- Service background; demonstrated success in building a loyal client following
- Proficient in Mindbody software, or willingness to learn
To apply for an instructor position with Longevity Pilates, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or submit via our form.
We look forward to hearing from you!